Thursday, September 25, 2014

September 25th 

I was going to write something on wednesday but I was too depressed. You see a good friend was in a car accident and died on the scene, another good friend was in the car with him (they carpool to work) and she is in ICU. I spent most of the day wondering how this could happen to a couple of very interesting, funny, creative and caring people. Well it happens everyday, all over the world and when it happens to someone you know it really hits home that death is really part of life.  You see I'm reading a book called "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes & Other Lessons from the Crematory" by Caitlin Doughty. It talks about how society deals with death, how we try to ignore that death is part of life. Caitlin discusses how other countries accept death and how they process the loss of a family member or loved one. She also talks about the embalming process and what morticians have to do to a body to get it ready for a viewing. The work that goes into making someone look like they are not dead. My friend was a psychiatrist at the Oregon State Hospital, his passenger was a nurse at the same hospital. 

On a lighter note I made some more rugs..I think I have about 13 rugs. Now comes the process of how to market my product. The first photo is of the wool salvage and how I purchase it in large bags at the Pendleton Woolen Mills, the bags range from 6-11 lbs. 











I also have a new fun item in my kitchen. My husband installed a tap on the side of the refrigerator for soda water. I was hesitant at first because I did not want to drill a hole in the side of the fridge, now I'm glad we did…it makes it so much easier to get a glass of soda water. 


No comments:

Post a Comment