Wednesday, September 17, 2014

A Scrappy Quilt & Another Rug



Sunday my Husband left to go camping, leaving me with the house all to myself. At first I wondered around trying to figure out what I wanted to do. I knew I wanted to sew & I have about 10 patterns that I want to make but I was unable to pick one. I get a little overwhelmed some times and have a hard time making choices. I remember seeing this quilt on flickr and I thought I would just go to my studio and start sewing fabric together, I have a very large fabric scrap bin. About 4 hours later I had made twelve blocks that are 12.5x12.5. I now have 20 blocks and I'm out of my funk. All I have to do is sew the blocks together to make the top. I think I will make the backing a solid piece as the front is all over the place.
Monday I started the Pendleton White Rug (it's really red, green, yellow, black and white…but I call it the white rug). I really like this rug more than the others that I have made. I think it's because the scrap was larger, thus making the rug much thicker than the others and the colors are so nice and bright. The rug was made from Pendleton Wool scrap that is currently on sale for 1/2 off through the month of September. These rugs are sooooo easy to make, Pendleton offers classes to make the rugs. The class is about 2 hours long and you will leave with a lovely handmade wool rug. What more could you want for the coming winter months?

No comments:

Post a Comment