Sunday, August 17, 2014

Preserving!!!


I love to can, mostly I like to make jam. Sometimes I have too many tomatoes and I make tomato sauce.  I have found that my husband does not always use the tomato sauce so this year I caned whole tomatoes. I have a lot of tomatoes. Today I preserved 7 pints of whole tomatoes and garlic. I still have a lot of tomatoes to preserve. 




Later in the evening I used my Ball FreshTECH Automatic Jam and Jelly maker to make a quick batch of jam. Blueberry and Strawberry jam in 30 minutes…It's wonderful, some of the strawberries are from our garden. I'm still getting strawberries this late in the year. 
  

I also pickled some Onions from my garden and some beans that a neighbor gave us. The beans are called Dilly Beans. 




There is something rewarding about preserving things that you grow yourself. 

No comments:

Post a Comment