Saturday, August 2, 2014

Homesteading


Last week on vacation,  I spent the week making jam, dyeing fabric and sewing. What is it about making things for yourself that is so satisfying? I have always felt better wearing clothes I make…even when there are mistakes in the construction. I love having home-made jam on toast in the morning and I love the process of putting fruit and vegetables up for the winter.
It's something that my mothers aunts and my great grandmother instilled in me, the ability to provide for myself, the feeling I get when I have just completed a quilt or put up a batch of jam is one of the most satisfying thing that I can think of.


The 10 batches of Jam I made on vacation with a friend.

The quilt top I made before I left for vacation…this is the next project that I want to complete. 

No comments:

Post a Comment