Thursday, August 21, 2014

Pendleton Wool Pizza Rug


I washed the wool rug and it felted up nicely. I'm working on my second rug but have to keep the cats away as they love the wool, the rug and the moving ball of scrap. 

The scrap looks like this when you buy it, kind of scruffy and like it will fall apart. 

When it's washed with Murphy's Oil Soap it felts up nicely. This is after just one washing. I understand that after 2 or 3 washings it will felt even more. 

A close up o the rug, you can see the stringy fibers have felted together.

 I added the blue & white scrap as the last ring hoping to add some color and interest…it's my first one so I think of this as a test run. 
 
It's kitty tested and kitty approved!!!


1 comment:

  1. Marci hhi from Jackie
    are you still on this blogspot
    dahling? c u soon
    jackie

    ReplyDelete