Saturday, October 11, 2014

Quilt Talk





 

I went to a another author event this afternoon with Sam Hunter, her book is called "Quilt Talk". It's an entire book of quilts using text, her alphabets are used in several fun and interesting quilts in the book where text is the central image. The book includes an entire alphabet of upper and lower case letters, it's all paper piecing which is actually very easy once you get the hang of it. She showed us the quilt that started the whole book idea. It says…eat, sleep, poop, giggle….what a fun quilt. 
I fell in love with the idea of text in quilts long ago but never went as far as to figure out how to sew letters. Her book was just want I needed. In fact I came home and created letters A-L. I can't wait to make the quilt I really want to create using text and imagery. 

Sam was very inspirational, talking about making what you want, have fun, use text and words as a design element. The book includes some pointers on colors and contrasts, how to combine some simple patterns with solids to really make a statement, GO GET THIS BOOK NOW, you will not be sorry. 


No comments:

Post a Comment