Monday, February 16, 2015



This is what can happen to the light bulb when the cement settles and the water evaporates leaving a space of about 1/2 an inch in the light bulb. The metal base of the light bulb will fall away and lets face it...the screw in end of the light bulb is what really makes people realize it's light bulb once all the glass has been broken away. It's hard to fill the lightbulb once the cement has dried, but you can remove the glass and try to fill in the gaps with cement or grout. A colored grout would look interesting if you wanted to really change the look of the lightbulb. Or you can use a simple grey grout so it looks like there was never an air bubble in the piece. I filled the holes with cement, than let the cement dry for a couple of hours. I then went back and used some sand paper to smooth out where I filled the hole. It looks OK and most people will not even see the flaw. But sometimes it's just best to admit it failed and move on to the next project. Like the flood lightbulb, it's really hard to get all the air bubbles out. I will get these looking fairly smooth but next time I will tap the bottom of the lightbulb a lot more so I can dislodge more of the air bubbles. As for the flood lightbulb, it may be a goner, I will let you know if I come up with a fix. 



I finished the Wonky Star Quilt top. I really like this quilt block it's simple and you can use up a scraps for the star points. I liked fussy cutting the centers with some of fabric that had cute motifs. I used several light color pieces for the background, the light blue is from some of my father in laws shirts. He had about 5 of these light blue shirts that he always wore, he even went and bought 5 new ones just before he passed away. He told me that I should use his old shirts as rags, so I cut them up for a quilt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment